My mission is to ensure that my clients achieve their real estate goals. I strive to help them become educated and better informed about their options. To this end, I draw from my professional work experience in order to provide comprehensive and collaborative services to my clients.
I specialize in working with families who include real estate in their overall life planning as a means to protect their quality of life. I assist my clients and their trusted advisers, sometimes other family members and sometimes professionals, evaluate their real estate holdings. This is an ongoing process and not a one time sale. My clients and their families become my friends and I care for them.
As a Real Estate professional, it is my duty to provide and adhere to the following tenets:
- Provide services that reflect my strong sense of fiduciary duty to my client
- Assess the specific needs and objectives of my clients, offering concrete plans of action to accomplish their goals
- Develop, structure and implement a strategy to accomplish their goals
- Evaluate current properties owned, including review of how title is held
- Define financing options when purchasing, refinancing or selling
- Build a consultative relationship that does not end at the conclusion of a single transaction
- Broker Professional Opinions of Value for personal or investment properties
- Date of Death Valuations for Estate, Probate and Trust purposes
- Title Reports: including plat maps, comparable sales, and chain of title
- Estimate of return on investment for real estate improvements
Purchase and Sale of Real Estate:
- Work with clients' advisors regarding implications of sale
- Prop. 60 & 90 for California based clients over 55
- Investment properties
- 1031 Exchanges
I offer a vast network of referrals to other professionals to help my clients and their families. When placing a referral, I remain the intermediary. If a referral is not working out, I will replace it until the client's needs are met. This ensures that my client’s needs are always being addressed and that there is ongoing access to other appropriate professionals.
Foreign buyers and sellers:
I have lived in four (4) European countries during my eleven (11) years as a professional Opera singer and I possess a native command of German. I have lived in many different cities in the United States. This experience has helped me in my work with individuals of varying cultural backgrounds.
Foreigners or those just unfamiliar with our real estate practices, need special guidance throughout the entire real estate process. I work closely with them, their families and their other trusted advisors to insure excellent communication and a smooth transaction.
Areas of specialization
- Probate Sales, including Date of Death Valuations and Court Confirmed Sales
- Trust Sales
- Divorce sales, including property valuations and relocation of one or both partners
- Family Trusts: buying homes for children or other family members
- Property evaluations for Pre-Nups and Domestic Partnerships
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Sales
- Short Sales
- REO’s or sale of bank owned properties
- Certified Relocation training for working with transferring buyers and sellers
- Certified Corporate Property training with extensive experience in bank owned properties and short sales.
Client Interaction Philosophy
- For sellers, I help sellers understand "The Process". Each type of sale is different.
- Create a definite Marketing Plan developed to reflect the sellers' goals and timing.
- For buyers, together we clarify goals and manage expectations.
- With divorce sales, I strive for better communication of the needs of both parties, their attorneys and the other family members. Experience with Court Ordered divorce sales.
- With Trust and Probate sales, interaction with family members, trustees, and attorneys.
- For relocation, I help clients them clarify their timing. I help them gather information for their new location and connect them with local agents who can assist them find their new home. I stay involved in the process to insure that their questions and concerns are being addressed.
As circumstances change, so do housing requirements. We discuss various replacement options: downsizing, upsizing, or relocation closer to family.
- I have specific training in dealing with the Seniors market
- I offer information about properties in locations nearer to loved ones
- I have an extensive referral network to assisted living and senior housing
Selling and buying an investment property:
I have owned and managed many investment properties in multiple states. I can personally relate to the desire of clients to create a real estate portfolio through the sale and acquisition of multiple residences, commercial, and investment properties.
- Discuss client's investment objectives and investment strategy
- Discuss consequences of sale with client's trusted advisers the tax consequences of a sale including capital gains tax consequences, depreciation and recapture.
- discuss replacement options in various areas.
- 1031 exchanges, Inter and intrastate referrals as needed
As clients age, their tolerance for management issues often changes. I discuss the estate planning aspects of any investment holdings. Where appropriate, I encourage discussion with extended family members to promote harmony and understanding. Sometimes it's a painful reality to hear that children do not want to take over Dad's extensive portfolio of rental properties. There are options to consider.